LF: Re: Re: VE1ZZ tonight 2000.01.06

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Re: VE1ZZ tonight 2000.01.06
From: "MAL HAMILTON" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 16:30:10 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>

-----Original Message-----
From: john sexton <[email protected]>
To: [email protected] <[email protected]>
Date: 06 January 2001 23:30
Subject: LF: Re: VE1ZZ tonight 2000.01.06

Hi All,
Jack best I have seen tonight at 23.00, every dot and dash clearly visible
and solid. Quite a lot of QRN, but QRSS effectively removes its effects.
Unfortunately, Dave, MM0ALM, is clearly unaware that this frequency is in
use and is in QSO with F6CNI within a herz or so.
The thought occurs to me that we should make an effort to contact ALM
before
next weekend, so that he knows about the Transatlantic effort. It would be
pity to waste all the efforts being made. Unfortunately he is not on the
Reflector.

OM suggest you contact Jack and ask him to move. Dave is operating in the
correct part of the band that we all agreed was to be used for normal cw.
Dave/MM0ALM like a lot of other LF ers does not use the reflector nor does
he use computer generated send/receive cw. To my knowledge he would not
operate on top of another qso if he heard any activity. Maybe Jack does not
know about the frequency arrangements previously agreed in EU, if he did he
would surely cooperate.
Before you point the finger in future get your facts right, you have been
quick to blame others in the past that have a different opinion to yourself.
I am qrt on LF at present, otherwise engaged , but I shall be using that
frequency soon for normal cw. I listen carefully before transmitting and if
I hear any other activity shall avoid the frequency, otherwise I will
consider it available and do not ask me to move.
de G3KEV

73 John, G4CNN

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/