Re: LF: Re: Last night

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Last night
From: [email protected]
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 12:50:47 EST
Sender: <[email protected]>
In a message dated 1/14/01 9:40:28 AM GMT Standard Time, [email protected] writes:

<< Saw G0MRF blow FETs one
time, with quite quick recovery, minutes rather than the days it would take
me, hi.
73, John, G4CNN
(www.g4cnn.f2s.com) >>

Certainly blew some fuses. Fortunately they were not the expensive 3 legged variety. I managed to find 4 x 30V Farnell SMPSUs at a rally. They are 360VA units and wired in series / parallel are great for the Decca, but not so good for the 5A fuse in the distribution board we were using.

Although last night was a bit of a washout I was pleased to see the report from Ko about the reception of Larry VA3LK. Sorry I missed it Larry.

A quick guess of Larry's QRA at FN25EL and Ko in JO22KF would put that at a distance of apx 5630 km. If signals were 10dB down from those on Friday night, just imagine how far Larry's QRS signal could go on a 'good day'.

The news from the /P tower block is that Sean (who passed his RAE in December) now realises how difficult LF really is. Suitably enthusiastic he is now trying to find a kindred spirit in the 12 story building about 600 feet to the West of his QTH.

73

David   G0MRF