Re: LF: Microsoft Whistler

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Microsoft Whistler
From: [email protected]
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 13:36:31 EST
Sender: <[email protected]>
Well, I don't think we need to be surprised at this. It's not Microsoft being underhanded about cash maximization or anything. It's a step toward their (and other publishers') well-publicized goals for Web-delivered applications; which, unfortunately, entail all the secondary implications that Andre' points out.

Perhaps it is time for customers to quit buying into every new idea that comes out of the computer and software companies, stick with a version that works for us, and thereby give the smaller software developers a chance to catch up with the big guys and provide some real alternatives!

73,
John