LF: Friday Night

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Friday Night
From: "Andrew Talbot" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 08:57:47 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Larry -

I'm definitely getting you now at   CF - 0.60 Hz.  Only managed to
positively identify you at 2300z -  my double-decimation software for the
EVM  generates a spurious line right where you were at the lowest rate so
wasted about 6 hours recording yesterday.   But at 3.125Hz sampling rate it
just isn't there so found you eventually and left the S/W recording.  During
the night not a not was visible on the real time display, but at 0700z as
the noise level was falling dramatically (very likely to be street lights
going off)  there was a particularly good set of long and short dashes.
I'll leave recording for another couple of hours then post process the raw
data and send you a plot.

Must investigate the spurious line at the lowest sampling rate - wonder if
the digital filtering process is throwing a wobbler at that rate and is
alliassing in a strong signal somewhere else in the band.   The spurious
line moves in tune with the software  Local Oscillator so alliasing looks a
strong possibility.

Andy  G4JNT