Re: LF: Qrss this morning

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Qrss this morning
From: "Holger 'Geri' Kinzel, DK8KW" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 08:07:18 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Rik, Ko, and other's

Can confirm that, he was several dB's stronger than before.
What improvement did you make Geri ?

73, Rik  ON7YD<

thank you for the good report ... well .. what did I do? Basically nothing
... I lost one top-load radial due to the nylon rope holding it burning
away ... seems to be a common problem. I is hanging downwards now ... might
that be a reason? I don't know but will give it a thought.

On the other hand when the weather is dry (which is the case these days
when it is far below zero), I can get my antenna current nearly up to 3
Amperes instead of two, which might explain a few dB's. Additionally, no
leaves at the nearby birch trees ... all that might help.
Boy, I might come close to the 1 W ERP already without really knowing
(although rather unlikely at "only" 350 W output), so the next nice sunny
day I need to do a field strength measurement again ...

Best 73

Geri, DK8KW (W1KW)