LF: Re: RE:and related stuff

To: "rsgb_lf_group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: RE:and related stuff
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 20:04:38 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
In my student days, the uni radio club (G3KMI) kept its accounts in
complex notation.  The Real accounts that the Students union saw and
based their grants to us on, and the Imaginary money we got from trading
radio stuff at rallies etc.

Ah, another ex KMI member among our midst - when I was there (68-71) we were
still dealing in pounds, shillings and pence, I don't recall what the
imaginary equivalent of these was.

Although I accept the feelings of the 'anti metric' brigade there is not
really a problem dealing in metric and most of us have been using it for
years.  When did you last go on the 256 foot band?  And when I buy bananas I
buy a bunch of four, it matters little how many pounds or kilograms it is.

73s Dave G3YMC
[email protected]
[email protected]
http://www.btinternet.com/~dsergeant