LF: NORMAL CW REVIVAL

To: "rsgb" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: NORMAL CW REVIVAL
From: "MAL HAMILTON" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 17:59:09 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
   If we want the old timers back and new blood on LF then get back on
NORMAL CW.
At present it seems to be the TAIL WAGGING THE DOG with the few trying to
convince the rest of us that we should go to psk, lazy mans cw generated and
displayed by a video monitor, or long long dashes on high power causing qrm
to the rest of potential users of the band, not to mention beacons galore,
these are probably illegal anyway.
If others have any opinions about these observations then let us all know
whether you are FOR or AGAINST, bearing in mind that some LF participants
cannot send or receive CW manually even though they are so called quallified
class A operators.
If you think that I am the only CRITIC you are mistaken. I get private
email, snail mail, telephone calls and have conversations on HF that prove
the contrary.
There are also those that should know better,blatently causing QRM  by using
modes not agreed for that part of the band used by normal cw operators.
136 khz is becomming a very anti social band spoiled by a minority.

Critic/G3KEV