Re: LF: Stability

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Stability
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 13:10:14
Sender: <[email protected]>
At 10:42 25/01/01 -0000, G3XDV wrote:
I am now using my IC-706 directly on 136kHz, with a pre-amp/filter and this works fine.

hi Mike,

what antenna are you using for receiving ? I'm using my transmitting antenna and found that I can add up to 40dB
attenuation between antenna and RX (Kenwood TS440) before the bandnoise
hits the RX noisefloor. I have 20dB attenuation all the time to prevent
DCF39 from overloading the RX input (and causing IM products).
I tried some preamps in my 'early days' on 136 but found them only a source
of aditional IM products.

73, Rik  ON7YD