LF: Re: Re. LF Beacon signals

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Re. LF Beacon signals
From: "Larry Kayser" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 07:39:44 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Laurie:

Tonight I will introduce gaps in my transmission, I will tramsmit AQCAQC
(32mins)
than a gap of 3mins ie 3 dash lengths followed by AQCAQC again,I will then
identify (takes about 4mins) then repeat the sequence.I hope these gaps
will
help to identify my signal.I dont want to leave longer gaps at present in
case the peaks in propagation are short lived.

200101251231utc  Just leaving for Ottawa and a meeting later today with Bill
de Carle - Please keep sending again tonight coming on 135.922.

I just looked at last nights data and there are definitely some signal lines
on my capture screens, this is the same I had last year when I put in
several months chasing the AMRAD signals from the Washington area.  I have
left capture running all day today and will catch the start of things this
evening.  I do hope you will be transmitting again by 19 or 20 utc today.

For others transmitting near Laurie's QRG, Please get within 1 Hz of the
frequency Laurie is on so I can catch you in the same screen!  The ARGO
window is only + and - 1 Hz wide, so I need you to cuddle in a little close
if you don't mind - Thank You.....

Part of my work today is to take some steps to find another few dB so I can
really hear/see your signals.  I am trying to set a "next steps" program to
resolve these issues.

Larry
VA3LK