LF: Re: Re. LF Beacon signals.

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Re. LF Beacon signals.
From: "Larry Kayser" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 20:09:00 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Laurie:

I will not be able to get on tonight until 2300utc (we have to go out).
Sorry if that
misses the early peak,perhaps Jim can be on.I am interested to discover
why
his signals are 3db better in Europe but down on mine  in Canada. I would
also like a report during the UK pre dawn period ie 0600-0700.My freq now
135,9220 ,I hope!
Whatever anyone says I find all this very facinating and very much what
Amateur Radio is all about,experimentation!

Well Laurie, your little frequency "shepherd's crook" as I call it has made
you my first European for sure to be seen on LF here in Westport.  Today
Bill de Carle and I compared notes in a greasy spoon in Ottawa and it was
funny, as we both have the same little Shepherds Crook in our data.
Congratulations.

We need another 5 to 10 dB of signal to make this work, I have been
contemplating this all day and I will try to figure out what I can do to
find that much more signal.

Bill is away from his QTH until Tuesday so my plan is to ask you to make a
special transmission starting 20 utc on Tuesday all night, and both of us
will see what we can do to find a few more dB by then.

In the mean time I am listening to the window 135.92175 to 135.9232 with 30
second ticks continuously until the end of Monday UTC.  If anyone wants to
join in, please get well within these limits of my receiver.

Larry
VA3LK