LF: Beacon Tests

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Beacon Tests
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 16:33:46 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear LF Group,

Once again, thanks to those who sent signal reports on last night's beacon signals, and thanks also to those who continue to listen/watch for our signals. I transmitted the same signal as before on 135.924kHz, this time from 1900 to 0230, after which I decided it was time for bed.

I saw VE2IQ's spectrogram, showing the signals he could see last night - clearly, they are on the right frequency give or take a few mHz, however, positive identification is still difficult - in the case of my signals, they appear to be still too weak or too fast(!) for the on/off pattern to really show. I will alter my frequency slightly next time - hopefully, Bill's signal will alter frequency too. If these signals do turn out to be G3AQC and myself, the difference in time between optimum reception is certainly interesting and unexpected.

Thanks to G4JNT for the frequency check - I think I will leave my reference oscillator alone for the time being, it is still just about within spec, although it probably has not been set up for several years.

I will try again tonight at similar times. Since Laurie is now going to 135.922, I will try 135.923 for a change. Hope this is OK.

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU