Re: LF: Minimalist QSO, a process

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Minimalist QSO, a process
From: [email protected]
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 20:11:33 EST
Sender: <[email protected]>
In a message dated 1/26/01 3:36:48 PM GMT Standard Time, [email protected] writes:

<< After consultation with a number of peers I propose the following as the
minimum for a QSO validation over the North Atlantic on LF.

Step 1     M0BMU VA3LK                    va3lk sending
Step 2     VA3LK M0BMU O                m0bmu sending
Step 3     RO O                                      va3lk sending
Step 4     RO                                          m0bmu sending
Step 5     E E                                         va3lk sending
Step 6     E E                                         m0bmu sending

Didn't we have exactly this debate a few weeks back.

Suggest Mikes system from a couple of weeks ago may offer an advantage or two as it has been thrashed out over a couple of years and is familiar. No reason why a schedule should not have several participants. Would recommend that reports for anything lower than a very good 'O' are sent 3 times. Timed transmit periods will avoid QRM at this end. callsigns abbreviated after first time. etc.

73

David

73

David