LF: Peaceful coexistence

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Peaceful coexistence
From: "john sexton" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 06:11:35 -0800 (PST)
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi All,
In the interests of restoring amicable relations all round, can I suggest
that in addition to space division (frequency band plan) we also use time
division, i.e. agree some nights each week free of high power QRSS to give
the CW guys a fair crack of the whip. That should also reduce friction,
because we would all know when a conflict might occur and when it should
not.
Can I also suggest that the power used is no more than is required for the
job, i.e. for QRSS or for that matter normal CW, power should be reduced for
local and middle distance contacts.
Where circumstances require a departure from the plan, for example because
of exceptionally good conditions or restrictions on frequency range
available, that as much notice as possible be given via the reflector.
Equally if someone plans a CW evening or whatever, it might be wise to
mention it on the reflector. I recall that Steve already does this,
especially when he is planning to use the balloon.
Let's get back to enjoying our hobby.
73, John, G4CNN

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/