LF: Movies/CW

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Movies/CW
From: "'Geri' Kinzel, DK8KW" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 00:30:09 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Steve, W3EEE wrote:

Don't get me wrong here  -  I'm a CW dude through and through, and love
movies - but you should be aware that your cinema/morse analogy is on
somewhat shaky ground.

... well, why not try some other analogies then: isn't it much more
convenient to step into a plain to cross the atlantic from Europe to
America? So why do people use sailing boats for that trip? Havn't the
Wright brothers invented motor-driven air plains nearly hundred years ago?
Why do people still fly around in gliding plains every weekend? Some even
use a hot-air balloon! Why use a bicycle when I could use a car? Why ride a
horse? ... I think all those people have some of the same sense behind
their activities as those who like to use good old Morse code to
communicate!

Best 73

Geri, DK8KW (W1KW)