LF: G3WKL/LIST

To: "rsgb" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: G3WKL/LIST
From: "MAL HAMILTON" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 18:07:42 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
I find the message from G3WKL about discussing CW on this list baffling,
since CW either Normal or Slow is the prime mode of communications on both
73/136 khz.
It is the only suitable mode available to most participants at the present
time.
There are a few experimenting with digital and psk techniques but they are
very much in the minority. What is the problem.? I for one have the option
to read all the hundreds of messages about these non morse modes plus sound
card anomalies/variations etc which have less to do with communicating on LF
than CW, but I read most of them and have not suggested they should be
BANNED but make the point that I have reservations about their use on LF
because of bandwidth restrictions.
I do not mind listening to another persons point of view even though I might
disagree.
This is called freedom of expression and encouraged in a democratic society.
Debate and Discussion about  LF will continue with or without this LIST and
in my case I have many avenues open to me.
Just think of the debates that would ensue if one was banned on here for
discussing the merits of CW on LF. The 80/40 m band is ideal, Internet,
Radio related magazines
etc but to mention a few.
In case some have not noticed, in recent times debates on TV give an email
address where the public is encouraged to send in their opinions for or
against.
In our case one's opinion is being DISCOURAGED - Censorship next
Is it the tail wagging the DOG again?
de G3KEV