LF: Re.DFCW and LF also a Q at 0548 utc

To: "rsgb lf group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re.DFCW and LF also a Q at 0548 utc
From: "LAWRENCE MAYHEAD" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 09:57:05 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Dave.
Looks like I should check the routing of messages! I have been recieving
reports of possible sightings from Dexter McIntyre W4DEX in Stamfield N.C.
since 24/01/01.I assumed that these were through the reflector and replied
.It seems that they were direct so my replies may be puzzling.
On 27/01/01 Dexter reported seeing a "Q" on my freq and sent me a jpeg. I
matched this up with my sending paramerers both in freq and time and belive
that there is  perfect coincidence  over this character and part of the next
After VA3LK identified my signal because of a frequency wobble I decided
that DFCW would be a better way of communicating under difficult conditions
than QRSS, since it contains information in both time and frequency
domains.Hence my DFCW transmissions. I am sorry if my communications seemed
ambiguous! and am sending the 27/01/01 message from Dexter, his Loc. is
EM95TF dist. about 6360
so in terms of Kms per watt! -----Original Message-----