LF: RE: RE: Re: Re: Earthing - correction

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RE: RE: Re: Re: Earthing - correction
From: "Soegiono, Gamal" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 11:28:24 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello Martin

an individual grounding rod when driven into soil
builds up an electric field in the finite conducting
and capacitively medium "soil".

This field spreads out in a form of a cone (roughly),
say cone (area) of influence.

If you use multiple ground rods, then a clearance of
two times the length of an individual rod is required
to keep the other rods out of the cone of influence
of the first. It is merely the same story with staggering
dipoles and keeping minimum distance.

Hope this helps.

73 de Gamal