LF: Beacon sigs - Received in W

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Beacon sigs - Received in W
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 12:48:26 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear LF group,

I transmitted my usual beacon signal (5 x 110s dashes and spaces, 400s gap containing 6wpm station ID), on 135.923kHz between 2000 and 0130 last night. It was raining a lot, and one of the insulators on the antenna melted, which is why I shut down early.

I received a very welcome report from Dexter, W4DEX, and an Argo (mode:60s dots, fast) screen shot showing my signal as received around 0100. The sequence of 5 dashes is very clear, and the CW ID shows up as a shorter dot in the right place. This is the first time my signal has been positively identified in the USA, so many thanks to Dexter.

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU