Re: LF: Re. 135 Last night

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re. 135 Last night
From: "Dexter McIntyre w4dex" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 09:55:23 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Laurie,

I would not have seen your signal if you were on or below 135.921.   I
was running Argo in 60 second dot mode and was only viewing from .921 to
.924.  I had selected this so I could see both your and Jim's
frequency.  On the Argo scale 1851 hz is 135.92105 and the 1854 hz mark
is 135.92405.  The  2 + minuet mark near center at the 1854 line is my
reference marker on 135.924. It is about .5 hz low of the Argo line and
is the reason for the .5 hz offset.

http://dmcintyre.home.att.net/135923on30Jan01.jpg

After reviewing all captured shots for the night I suspect your signal
may be just below the frequency line at 1851 hz on Argo.  This frequency
line  and the one at approximately 1853.6 are always present at night
here so please try to avoid this frequency.  Looking right at the bottom
edge of the shot and on many other shots I can see what may be your
signal.  I'm sure sorry I missed it if that is so.

Jim, M0BMU, has verified his signal at 135.924 KHz.  His fast CW id can
even be seen as a blur just before the first 110 second dash.  I lost
his signal shortly after this shot.  Jim reported his insulators melted
at 0130 UT.  This shot was made at 0114 UT.

I will be listening anytime your advise of your transmitting but looks
like QRN is on the menu for tonight.

73,
Dexter

LAWRENCE MAYHEAD wrote:

Hi Dexter and Larry,
Looks like Jim made it across last night,congratulations Dex and Jim.
I was on 135,919.9-,922 near as I can get but the 135,923 signal definately
Jims. With my low power I need better condx..We may have a CME tonight,
but I will be on again from 19:30. 73s Laurie.