LF: Virus posted here (was Re: G4CNN QRSS)

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Virus posted here (was Re: G4CNN QRSS)
From: "Stewart Nelson" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 17:18:45 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Bill and all,

If you have not yet opened today's message from William Staples, don't - it has
the VBS.KakWorm virus attached.  If you have already opened it and didn't get
an error message, you may have been infected; if your hard drive contains a file
called kak.hta you are in trouble, see
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/wscript.kakworm.html or your
favorite anti-virus site.

Bill, please disinfect your machine.

Everyone, please don't post H_T_M_L to a mailing list unless your message
will really benefit from such formatting and you are sure that you are not
sending malicious content.

I just joined this list, as I am quite interested in the current QRSS thread.
My apologies that my first post is off topic.

73,

Stewart KK7KA

----- Original Message ----- From: "William Staples" <[email protected]>