LF: CFH may be off

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: CFH may be off
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 22:44:05 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi all, for CFH watchers......the signal characteristics changed on Tuesday,
and the station was just transmitting a subcarrier on the HF sideband (all
previous ISB transmissions have used the lower sideband) The signal was
available (fortunately) all last night. As the geomagnetic disturbance
after-effects die away, the signal has moved into the rapid fading mode. The
first few peaks last night were unremarkable but were increasing in level as
the night progressed. The last peak at about 0600z was a terrific 46dBu
200uV ) held for over one hour. What a great chance missed. This is the
highest level I have recorded and throws weight behind my belief that the
best time for a Trans-Atlantic qso would be in the final stages of  a
disturbed period. This was seen before around the time Peter was first heard
on a 40dBu peak.

Cheers de Alan G3NYK
[email protected]