LF: Re: CFH may be off

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: CFH may be off
From: "mike.dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 19:55:24 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
G3NYK wrote:

........... The last peak at about 0600z was a terrific 46dBu
 200uV ) held for over one hour. What a great chance missed. This is the
highest level I have recorded and throws weight behind my belief that the
best time for a Trans-Atlantic qso would be in the final stages of  a
disturbed period. This was seen before around the time Peter was first
heard
on a 40dBu peak.

We are in a Catch-22 at present. No-one is transmitting from Europe because
no-one is listening, and no-one is listening . . . . . .

It takes some effort to transmit 1W ERP all night safely so very few people
would want to do it every night. Similarly I am sure that very few people
would want to listen every night.

1) Is there anyone in the US/Canada regularly watching for QRSS from Eu?

2) If not, can we set some test times - every Saturday and Wednesday night,
for instance - that Eu stations will transmit and NA stations will listen.

3) Is there anyone intending to transmit QRSS from NA for reception in Eu?

It would be a pity to miss another period of good conditions.

Mike, G3XDV