LF: 73kHz Tonight

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: 73kHz Tonight
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 11:41:21 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear LF Group,
I intend to be QRV on 73kHz this evening from about 2000utc. I will use 71.65kHz, unless other stations want to use it for manual CW. In that case, I will use my "normal" QRSS frequency of 71.81kHz +/- QRM. I will have a listen to see if anyone else wanting a QSO is on 73kHz, but mostly listen on about 137.7kHz for cross-band contacts. When I checked this morning, Rugby, which has been transmitting only carriers for the past few days, was off the air all together. The QRN was also low, so it might be a quiet evening on the band. However, the wind is very strong today, so it may not be possible to have my antenna at it's full height.

I also hope to be on 73kHz tomorrow from about 0800 - 1000, listening around 137.7 for cross-band contacts.

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU