LF: New CFH Modulation .. Thanks for info

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: New CFH Modulation .. Thanks for info
From: [email protected]
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 15:43:45 EST
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello Alan and others,

Thanks for the information about the "new" modulation of CFH (or, to be precise, the absence of a modulation). Last weekend I was amazed by the strong carrier on 137.04, and spotted it in the paket cluster. I got a reply from Alan ('NYK) via the cluster that it indeed IS CFH... hope they will keep it this way, because it's much easier to identify and much less "bandwitdh-consuming". Now there is an other carrier crawling out of the heavy local QRN at the same time as CFH, its frequency is 44.83 Hz below the strong carrier. I'm not shure what it is, perhaps someone else knows more. By the way, the longwire at the club station came down again sunday evening... the wet rope couldn't stand the gale force winds. We hope to be QRV again from DF0WD before the weekend.
73's Wolf (DL4YHF).