Re: LF: VE1ZZ " O O O" at 2305z

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: VE1ZZ " O O O" at 2305z
From: "Peter Dodd" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 20:56:38 GMT
Sender: <[email protected]>
Alan said:
Jack is there with a good signal now the noise is down here, a good
"0" on QRSS, copiable on 'gram with timescale 750msecs and averaging 5, in
0.3Hz bw.
When I received VE1ZZ I was using Spectran in a low resolution mode
(470 - 540Hz). The reason for that was I was not sure how close the
transmission would be to the stated frequency. As luck would have it
the signal was clearly readable at that resolution and I was loath to
change it until I had the full callsign and had it recorded.
It might be the first time (21/21/00 at 0030UTC) a clearly
idendifyable call has been received this side of the Atlantic from
North America on 136kHz but I guess you can put me right.
I do not have a web page but it could be put on Dave's or Rik's web
page if it is regarded as sufficiently important.
Last night I missed the main opening at 2300 because (and you may
have difficulty envisaging this!) it is our 'Come Dancing' night. I
switched on at 0015 and saw only Loran lines. Later a very strong
signal came on frequency and played some musical notes. Later a QRSS
signal appeared but only R 'T'.

--
Regards, Peter, G3LDO

<[email protected]>