LF: Antenna wire

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Antenna wire
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 13:45:50 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear LF Group,

I believe most LF amateurs favour string for their antennas - preferably well soaked in brine to maximise conductivity...

But seriously, I have found 24/0.2 or 32/0.2 stranded PVC insulated wire suprisingly robust - it has put up with winter gales and so on in spans up to 40m, even though the trees it is attached to wave about a lot in the wind. It seems to put up with flexing a lot better than solid wire, and the sheathing prevents corrosion. I don't suppose it is very useful as a mechanical support, though, and if you are lucky enough to have room for longer spans, it might not be up to the job.

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU