LF: VA3LK Beacon Heard by VE2ZP

To: "137kHz" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: VA3LK Beacon Heard by VE2ZP
From: "Dave Goodwin VE2ZP/VE9CB" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 10:38:47 -0400
Sender: <[email protected]>
This morning, Tuesday 27 June, from 0600-0620z (2am local), I copied Larry
VA3LK's beacon on 137.71kHz.  VA3LK sounded about s4, compared to CFH which
was s8 from 1200km away.  At 1430z (10.30am local), VA3LK was slightly
weaker.

Larry's signal was certainly strong enough for a conventional CW contact.
It is quite an adjustment to copy morse at 0.4wpm.

Larry's location is less than 200km from here (near Ottawa), so this is no
great DX, but this is the first Amateur LF signal I have heard to date.
Larry is probably the only Canadian Amateur transmitting on LF at present.

73,

Dave VE2ZP