Re: LF: RE: CFA Antenna: miraculous?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: RE: CFA Antenna: miraculous?
From: "M & S" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 22:16:54 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
Talbot Andrew a *crit :

The real question is, why was the quarter wave antenna worse, not why
was the CFA so good.  A 1/4 monopole can approach 100% efficiency and
can be 3dB up on a dipole when erected properly - in which case any
other single element antenna cannot have any MORE gain.

Thank you, Andy. That DOES confirm what I thought. I just found this
information on the Net and wondered if there was something extraordinary
about it, just in case any lowfer had experimented the stuff...

73, Mark, F6JSZ
Soon on the air: just a small problem with the antenna; JN04PX.

"There was an owl who sat in an oak,
The more he heard, the less he spoke,
The more he spoke, the less he heard,
Why not copy that wise old bird ?"