LF: Re: Big & Small antennas - Reply to comments

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Big & Small antennas - Reply to comments
From: "John Rabson" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2000 19:24:44 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>

----- Original Message -----
From: James Moritz <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2000 5:57 PM
Subject: LF: Big & Small antennas - Reply to comments

Possible Causes:

My money is on the increased field strengths being due to fields
and currents under the ground surface, resulting in greater
effective height of the antenna. Obviously, this needs more
investigation, which I hope to try later. By the way, have any of the
cave radio community made underground field strength
measurements?

Yes, we have. There is a piece on earth electrode based cave radio
experiments in issue 40 of the Cave Radio & Electronics Group Journal (ISSN
1361-4800). See also http://www.mcrosolv.demon.co.uk/caves.org/radio/ to
search for articles using David Gibson's on-line digest.

73 de
John Rabson G3PAI