LF: MODES AND ANTENNAS

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: MODES AND ANTENNAS
From: "'Geri' Kinzel, DK8KW" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2000 13:49:09 -0400
Sender: <[email protected]>
G3KEV wrote:

There is such a diverse opinion about antennas both little and large and
modes one versus the other that the best course of action is for each
individual to build and use what they think is best for them.<

Mal,
I do not always agree with what you say, but here I fully agree. May the
people using small antennas be happy with their system and the people who
have the ability to erect large antenna arrays use those. Same is true for
the most suitable mode. I like to conduct experiments to see what is
suitable to me, sometimes it depends on my mood. I have the ability to
cross the channel (not the Atlantic, yet), but I have just build a QRP LF
transmitter and was happy that Wil in PA was able to copy me. So thats what
counts: have fun and try what you think is best suitable for what you want
to reach.

May your god be with you!

Best 73
Geri, DK8KW (W1KW)

P.S.: I was a keen 50 MHz operator until the band became too crowded ...
too easy to work into the states or other dx ... will be back when sunspots
disappear ... more fun!