LF: Re: AR88D and diversity

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: AR88D and diversity
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 11:19:33 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear LF Group,

Larry wrote:
Not all AR-88's are the same either.  Some have the 915 kHz IF while
others have the 455 kHz and I do not remember which have which....

Larry
VA3LK

I recently bought an AR88LF receiver - this is more or less the same as the AR88D, but with the MF bands replaced with two LF bands covering about 73kHz - 540kHz. The IF frequency on this is 735kHz.

As far as I can see, the "diversity" feature provides for the linking of the AGC lines in a number of receivers. In this way, the receiver getting the strongest signal effectively mutes the others. Old editions of Terman's 'Radio engineering' describe this, saying it can be used for polarisation- or space diversity reception on HF.

I intend to try the AR88LF on 136kHz when I have sorted out the selectivity switching - somebody seems to have "realigned" the IF stages..... Can anybody provide me with a manual for the 'LF version? - I only have the 'D manual at the moment. All costs reimbursed, of course.

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU