LF: Spectran

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Spectran
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 13:46:26 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
I have very recently downloaded Spectran, and am very impressed. Plainly there are improvements to be made and I only have the Beta version, but it appears to be just as sensitive as Spectrogram whilst also being able to handle much slower speeds. A really good facility is being able to adjust the settings whilst it is running. Spectrogram must be stopped before anything is adjusted, whilst with Spectran you can compare 'before' and 'after' side by side on the screen. A particularly useful control is the input level which can easily be optimised with the display running. I also like being able to switch between the vertical scrolling - difficult to read but monitors some 150Hz of band - and the Spectrogram-like horizontal display. The main disadvantage is its speed varying with other applicatiions running on the computer as one of the great things about QRSs is that you can multi-task - I once had a QSO during which I drove my wife to the shops and back, and didn't miss a single dot.

Nice one, guys. Thanks.

Mike