LF: Horizontal polarisation

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Horizontal polarisation
From: [email protected]
Date: Mon,May 22 2000 : 13 39 36
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear all.

Being a topband mobileer for many years I am used to using antennas that are a tiny
fraction of a wavelength. From an experiment I once did to try to improve
\"sky-wave\" from the whip, I can well believe there will be a noticeable
difference between a true vertical and an inverted L.
Whilst in QSO and I tilted the whip over to an angle of 45 degrees which
improved the signals slightly over the short sky-wave path.
The difference between LF and topband of course, is the launch-angle required
to make the best use of any skywave.
I will set up some vacuum relays to switch my antenna from T to L configuration soon. Then I will bore everyone asking for comparative reports! It will be especially interesting over long paths. 73. Dave G3YXM.