Re: LF: Optimal width for LF?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Optimal width for LF?
From: "Dick Rollema" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 11:32:00 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
To All from PA0SE

Narrow bandwidth filters do not have to ring provided  they are of the
phase-linear
type (constant group delay in the passband).

I use a home made passive phase-linear filter with a bandwidth of 30Hz  and
centre frequency of 1000Hz. It can pass up to 24 wpm without trouble
(unfortunately the operator can't ...) The filter has four tuned circuits
with coils in large ferrite potcores.

Harry, PA0LQ, has designed a similar filter of the active type using 4
opamps. If you are interested in his design write to:

H.A.A. Grimbergen, PA0LQ
Lijtweg 1202
2341 HE Oegstgeest
The Netherlands