Re: LF: My TS850

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: My TS850
From: "Andy Talbot" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 12:23:30 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
A really good headband binocular magifier helps.  Such devices are available
from RS   ref no.  606-989 at x2.7 magnification  (£52 ish)  with
alternative lenses for x1.8 to x3.5.  Somewhat cheaper is  290-1539 at x2.5
magnification (£36).   Off the shelf non-prescription glasses (at £3 to £5)
will work for non spectacle wearers, but the convergence is wrong and you
must take them off every few minutes to allow your eyes to readjust.  Not
really recommended for use for more than a few minutes at a time.

Also a pair of good quality, fine, non-magnetic tweezers.

I do most of my breadboarding in surface mount these days - the PCBs are
easier to make.

Andy  G4JNT