LF: RF Ammeters and English Language

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RF Ammeters and English Language
From: "Tom Boucher" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 10:05:04 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear Larry and Dick

I found a 0.5 A RF ammeter at a club junk sale which is designated
10A/8481. A quick continuity check showed that the thermocouple was OK.
There are not many of these functioning units left in captivity because
it is just too easy to blow up the thermocouple. So, Larry, I recommend
that you do what I did, build a ferrite ring current transformer type
and put your thermocouple unit back into storage once you have
calibrated it!

Dick, capitals are normally used for abreviations i.e. RF not rf. Modern
practice, at least in letter writing, is to leave out much of the
punctuation which used to be used i.e. RF not R.F.

73, Tom G3OLB