LF: Re: Earth contact resistance

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Earth contact resistance
From: "John Rabson" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 07:56:54 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>

----- Original Message -----
From: Alan Melia <[email protected]>
To: rsgb_lf_group <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2000 10:12 PM
Subject: LF: Earth contact resistance

Hi all, I have noted again from Peter's description of the Tesla
experiments
at the Museum, and from John's Earth Wireless web site, that the addition
of
several pounds (or kgms) of common salt (and water) seems to be a usual
way
of improving the contact resistance beween earth rods and the surrounding
ground. It occurs to me that those with an enviromental approach or just
those who are keen gardeners (I note the reluctant pruning near the
aerials!) might not wish to blight their garden with large quantities of
sodium chloride.
What about a old GPO faultsman's solution (applied discreetly)?

73 de
John Rabson G3PAI