LF: Re.IK10D0 Beacon.

To: "rsgb lf group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re.IK10D0 Beacon.
From: "LAWRENCE MAYHEAD" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 22:43:29 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Alan,
Thanks for your mail,yes I did mean .064Hz, slip of the finger Hi.But I could also get a better looking signal with .125Hz and even at 0.25 but only "M".
This morning (Sunday) he was very weak at first 0715,but came up by 0800,I had to switch off then so dont know how it went,but no doubt followed the pattern of saturday.
Re Loops,mine is very low about 20ft at the ends but falling to 10-15ft in the middle due to the trees.But it is 450ft long.However I do have a shorter one and I think 60m will be fine.I ground the far end and the return is via ground,at the rec. end the coax is also grounded.Points NW/SE so good for IK,nice null on Lessay,Hi.Very intresting experiment.73s Laurie.