LF: High frequency-stability drive sources

To: "rsgb_lf_group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: High frequency-stability drive sources
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 21:08:16 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi there has been some discussion about stable drive sources for narrow band
modes. One possible source that sometimes becomes available these days is a
Pye/Philips unit which used to be used as the frequency source for
quasi-synchronous radio communication systems, like the wide area coverage
systems of the emergency and utility services. The unit model number is
HS400 and it contains circuitry to lock a crystal to a 5MHz  ovened standard
oscillator (2 types with either a Toyo or a Racal unit). The stability
available is a few parts in 10^9. I think these units are now obsolete so
may become more easily available. They are a little large being 19in
rack-mount units. If anyone does find one I have the technical details.

73 de Alan G3NYK
[email protected]