Re: LF: DCF39 info please

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: DCF39 info please
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 12:11:51
Sender: <[email protected]>
It certainly is. 100W versus 40kW is 'only' 26dB (even if the 'decca guys'
only get 10W ERP it is an acceptable 36dB). But the fact that they are far
more west compared to DCF39 may nibble of some dB's.
In case Larry (or some others at the other side of the pond) watch the
signal with Spectogram it might be a good idea to add 5 to 10 second 'dash'
while beaconing (or next best a series of dashes).
I won't have much time to spend on LF next weekend, but I keep my fingers
crossed for the 'decca test'.

73, Rik  ON7YD