LF: LF propagation and Kp index

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: LF propagation and Kp index
From: "Toni" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2000 18:55:23 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
From HB2ASB
At different occasions I've made the following observations: It seems to
me that there is a link between distortions in the magnetic field of the
earth (caused by solar activity) and LF propagation. After a magnetic
storm (not during) daylight propagation is often enhanced and night
propagation disturbed and below average. I've also found a description of this phenomenon in old literature about
LF propagation. At

http://sec.noaa.gov/rt_plots/kp_3d.cgi

you may observe the development of the Kp Index.

73 de Toni