LF: Weekend Portable operation.

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Weekend Portable operation.
From: [email protected]
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 07:51:51 EDT
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello Again....

Bill, G0AKY, Tony, G4KLF/A45ZN, and I will be operating from the beach near Hastings over the weekend.

We will be doing some antenna experiments using a 90m high cliff to support a sloping wire antenna. With luck we'll have a total length of around about 160m or 500 feet. I'll be very interested in any field strength or comparative reports.

We have permission to use the local Yacht/boat club premises on the beach and have access to a mains supply.

We hope to make some measurements on the antenna and assess the effectiveness of a number of 1.5m copper rods in the sea, about 50m away, as an earth. It will also be interesting to see how UK stations receive us as the signal will have to pass through, or around, the cliff. PA/ON should get a very good signal.

We'll have 71.8k, 136k CW and QRS  from early Saturday morning.

73

David   G0MRF         0958 502540