LF: Decca Masts

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Decca Masts
From: "Walter Blanchard" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 16:06:45 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Decca masts - latest situation.

Agreement with Racal obtained.
Schedule of available stations upcoming.
RSGB notified; support of HF Cttee promised.
Applications for possible NOV's in process.

Controlling group is :
Walter - G3JKV - [email protected]      (me)
Derek - G3GRO - [email protected]
Peter - G3LDO - [email protected]
Will call ourselves DMG (Decca Mast Group) for brevity.

Procedure:
Tell DMG :
- who you are and who is major contact,
- how many if a group,
- whose callsign will be used,
- what you want to do and why,
- what equipment you will use,
- preferred dates and times.

DMG will :
- check above and decide who if conflicts arise
- arrange authorisation, admission and security details.

You can either operate under one nominated callsign or try
getting a special event station call.

Note well :
This is all being done on a goodwill basis between myself
and Racal. So far I have luckily managed to avoid legal
agreements, payments, insurance problems and similar aggro.
However, if not played straight I will simply
shut down the whole thing and we will all lose.
By this I mean :
Trying to use sites without  DMG agreement,
Exceeding licence conditions,
Arguments about DMG decisions.
Any foolish behaviour on site like climbing masts, etc.
Disobeying instructions from Racal staff.

First site to become available is Puckeridge, Herts.
(325 ft mast). Electricity on site, but bring all your
own equipment.
Available NOW until 17th April, possibly longer.

Get going!

Walter G3JKV.