Re: LF: LA conditions

To: "LF Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: LA conditions
From: "Magne Mahre" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 20:29:26 +0200 (CEST)
Sender: <[email protected]>

On Mon, 3 Apr 2000, Dave wrote:

Dear all, especially Magne...

I wonder if your receive conditions are preventing you from hearing signals
on 136kHz? I looked on the Megapulse site today and it appears that there
are two powerful 100kHz Loran-C transmitters on the Norwegian coast, one at
Bo and one at Vaerlandet. If you are within 100km or so of these, they will
cause a rythmic "chaka-chaka" noise on the 136 band which is hard to copy CW
through. You may need to try a receiving loop antenna to null out the noise.

I do not currently experience problems with NELS stations on 136.
Vaerlandet is about 350km SW of me, and Bo is 700 km or so
to the north (Norway *is* a long country :-)

Take into consideration that most of you are 1000 km away
or more. Only OZ, SM and a couple of OH-stations are closer
than that.

--Magne