Re: LF: SV: DX Cluster spots for 1/2nd April at GB7DXM

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: SV: DX Cluster spots for 1/2nd April at GB7DXM
From: Magne Mæhre <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2000 10:24:08 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
C Andersson wrote:

>I haven't heard anyone working LA yet ...are the boys playing 'hard-to-get'?

I heard LA1K last thursday (000330) at 20.30z and called him a few times with
no success.
Maybe there is some receiving difficulties.

I've been transmitting a couple of evenings last week, but has so far
not heard anyone but the 7S6 (which I received loud and clear on a
160m dipole).  The current antenna is much better though (as measured
against the commercial stations).  I'm kinda puzzled by the fact that
I haven't heard anyone.

I better re-run my calculations, as the ones I did would indicate that at least the 7-10 of you should be well within the limits.

Current antenna is an inverted L with 12 meter vertical and 150
meter horizontal legs.  The horizontal slopes from 25-30 meters
down to about 15 meters above ground.

I'll be putting up some photos and station details at the website
this week..  (URL:http://la1k.samfundet.no/)

--Magne / LA1BFA / LA1K