LF: Re. Decca TX.

To: "rsgb lf group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re. Decca TX.
From: "LAWRENCE MAYHEAD" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 20:16:34 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Thanks again for various comments.
1) Amp-Metres this is of course understood,but it is not significant since the currents will be adjusted to obtain equal powers in the two ants.
2)Dave ZL3FJ is concerned about co-siting and mutual coupling.I agree but it should be possible to de-tune the big ant. and so long as they are not too close I dont think the mutual will be very significant.However the two ants. could be on separate sites since even the professional ground is not likely to be all that good.
3) Mike G3XDV states that with practical levels of ground loss the lowest angles of radiation are attenuated more on very short verticals than on long ones,OK but 300Ft is still a very short vertical (it would need to be more than 500M long! to be quarter wavelength) So I doubt if there will be ang great difference  between 300 and 60 feet from this cause.
So I still think this a worthwile experiment. Laurie G3AQC.