LF: OH2LX REPORTS

To: "rsgb" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: OH2LX REPORTS
From: "g3kev" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 12:06:11 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Thanks Vaino for your weekly reports. I am sure these are appreciated by
all as an indication of their signal at your qth.
I notice that my signal measurements are very consistant with you. The
installation here has not been altered for a long time, same antenna,
and same tx. It works very well and needs  very little maintainence. I
notice very little daily variation or fluctuations in my antenna and
ground radial system, regardless of the wx. It appears very stable. The
antenna consists of 3 x inv L systems,
each L is 32 metres vertical and each one an 80 metre horiz top section.
All insulators are polysterene marine grade. Base loaded inductor to
resonate the antenna approx 1 Mh and a small inductor in series at the
coax end to match the system to 50 ohms to the TX/RX. The antenna and
matching network(directly underneath) are located about 50 metres from
the shack. The feed to the shack is 50 ohms coax.
QTH is on top of clay, on the North side of  the town of Scarborough
with a river 100 metres from my North boundary and the sea about 3
k/metres East.
G3KEV