LF: Two band operating

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Two band operating
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 13:43:54 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
For what it's worth, I now operate very easily with the station optimised for both 73kHz and 136kHz with a fairly fast manual changeover.
The connection from the antenna to the coil can be made either to
the 136kHz tap or the 73kHz tap (actually not a tap but the top of
two coils). This works fine for transmit on 73 and receive on 137. To
transmit on 137 I simply change the tap on my matching
transformer as the impedance on slighly different.
My changeover time is about 30 seconds - more than adequate for
two-way QRSs.
I find it important to optimise the antenna tuning on receive
because the Datong LF converter has a broadband front end and it
needs as much input selectivity as it can get.
Mike, G3XDV (IO91VT)
http://www.dennison.demon.co.uk/activity.htm