LF: HV Reed relays

To: "'LF Group'" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: HV Reed relays
From: "Talbot Andrew" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 08:44:29 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Managed to find six spare reed relays that look as if they may be
suitable for LF antenna switching . The reed connection points are well
separated from the coil connections by about 10mm in air with little
opportunity for tracking, when covered by extra insulation they should
survive.  The reeds are obviously vacuum filled but beyond that I've no
further info.   The gap between the reeds inside is only a fraction of a
mm and it's rather frightening to think of the E field in this region !
But they are rated at quite a few kVoperation, and in a vacuum I suppose
there is nothing to break down
One is on it's way to G3LDO and I've had two other requests so far (both
from overseas - does that say something about the state of
experimentation in this country ?)

Also found about 20 smaller relays that have reed and coil connections
brought out to mounting pins on the base with a spacing of only 5mm
between contact and coil connections.  This could track at high voltages
so suspect these are only good to about 1kV.

Andy G4JNT

For those other than the recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on such information is
prohibited and may be unlawful.