Re: LF: Re: 73/136kHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: 73/136kHz
From: "Peter Dodd" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 20:22:23 GMT
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dave said

As regards frequency, as there are so few of us transmitting, we could each
have our own frequency! I find it almost impossible to tell if anyone else
is transmitting due to the QRM from Rugby. Perhaps we could congregate
around 71.800 at 5Hz or 10Hz intervals. What about G3LDO 71.795, G3YXM
71.800, M0BMU 71.805 ? Any other suggestions?

Excellent idea, this would clear up the confusion.
I think we could allow ourselves 10Hz spacing, otherwise we look like participants at the Mad Hatter's tea party. Also I have a problem maintaining the required degree of accuracy (even with Alans crystals) in an outside shack whose temperature ranges from below freezing to 18 degrees C.

I will make my frequency 71.79kHz if that is OK with everyone else. The bottom of the band could then be used for normal CW to be the furthest distance (frequency) away from the Growler.

In the meantime, anyone who wants a 73kHz cross-band sked, to any other band, please e-mail me.

--
Regards, Peter, G3LDO

<[email protected]>